Lucy in America (Again!) Day 4

Tuesday, 30th May, 2017
Today was our last day in New York. We had to be up early as myself, along with my puppet friends, and Miss Hannaford were invited to see a puppet show called Helping Drew at a Primary School in the Bronx. The Bronx is a suburb of New York City found in the Northern end of Manhatten Island. One of the puppeteers was a friend we made last year at Beyond the Sock- David Manley. My travelling companion, Coco the Dog , got to have her photo taken with David and Drew- the star of the show.

20170530-221718.jpg
On our way to the show, we passed the famous Yankee Baseball stadium where the New York Yankees play.

20170530-221836.jpg
After the show, we caught the subway to Central Park so that we could go back to the Jim Henson Bench for lunch. Both Miss Hannaford and I visited the bench in 2014, but this time we brought our new sock puppet friend Joop.

20170530-222148.jpg

20170530-222206.jpg
After lunch, our next stop was a return visit to the Puppet Kitchen. On this visit we had a tour of the whole building including the real theatre next to the workshop where Joop was made.

It has been a wonderful 3 days in New York. Tomorrow, we fly to Chicago.

Lucy and Miss H

One thought on “Lucy in America (Again!) Day 4

• June 2, 2017 at 8:09 am
    Permalink

Another amazing report of your adventures in New York. I wish I was there. So glad you are having a great time. Your travel log is creating interesting discussions in class through widening our students’ perspective of the world. We are looking forward to the next chapter of your journey.