Welcome to the Library! (Via Halloween in Wonderland…)

Paper collection for Halloween in Wonderland

If you read my post on Movember in the Library, you might remember the plain open/closed sign hanging off the moustache in the window. I have never really liked that sign and on a recent trip to my local scrapbooking store I came across a collection of papers called Halloween in Wonderland. This collection of papers is from Graphic 45 and I adore how they have used the original drawings from Alice in Wonderland and added a halloween/ steam punk twist to them.

In the interest of ethical scholarship and acknowledging sources, this is where I found the image of the paper collection.

I fell in love with the graphics the minute I saw the papers and it fitted in beautifully with my desire to have a story book/ literature related twist to my new open/closed sign. The new sign is my first ‘off the page’ project in scrapbooking. The lettering was done using my robotic cutter called a craft robo connected to my laptop. The font is called Alice in Wonderland Regular which I found as a free font from www.dafonts.com. The photos below were taken by my wonderful Library assistant who takes the most beautiful photographs.
Hope you like the results:

At last! We thought you'd never arrive!

Thankyou, come again...

12 thoughts on “Welcome to the Library! (Via Halloween in Wonderland…)

1. Looks fabulous, wish I had the skills (& patience).

2. Lovely work. Craft + Library = Amazing!

3. What an entrance! Fabulous!

4. Looks fantastic! What a great idea! You’re very creative Katherine.

5. Great work! Love it!

6. Looks great! What size are the finished signs?

7. Really inspirational! Thanks for posting it.

8. Rosemary Richards

Wow – so creative and attractive – well done!

9. The signs are 29cm by 21cm. The main board is a Kaisercraft wooden placemat with rounded corners which I drilled 2 holes in the top for the cord. I am glad you like them!

10. LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!

11. Madonna Johnston

The window displays look fantastic! Very impressed with the way you have used the scrapbooking paper. As an ardent scrapbooker, I will now look at using some ideas in my library! Thanks for taking the time to share your work.

12. I love this way of promoting children’s literature! It would certainly entice me inside.